Thursday, January 23, 2014

01 INFLUENCE: Back to classroom

Most of us are real 90's kids. We all grew up with certain movies/shows like Clueless or for the younger generation it would be Gossip Girl, with their tartan mini skirts and over-knee socks.

Back in 2012 many designer collections had been characterized by the schoolgirl look. Obviously, this had been the first steps of the return. Since that moment you can find the schoolish touch nearly in every collection and on fashion bloggers.

THE ELEMENTS

Basically there are two categories, depending on your personal style I guess. Innocent or rebellious, depending on how do you style it.
There's no real limit to how you can inject a little bit of a schoolgirl touch.

  • TARTAN/PLAID
    For sure one of the main elements. Doesn't matter if it's a classic pleated skirt, trousers or a blazer. You even can find it in accessory like hairbands or bags.
  • SOCKS
    Any kind of socks, over-knees, calf socks or ankle socks under loafers or brogues. This is one of the most common schoolish accessory at the moment, I guess. You can find it definitely on every single fashion enthusiast and blogger.
  • ON THE TOP
    Shirts or blouses buttoned-up, probably layered under sweaters or other knits.
  • ACCESSORY
    Big glasses, ties, tie-bows, hairbands, backpacks, briefcases, etc...


In my case I have to admit that I'm absolutely obsessed with this style. I own all these element above, and I love every single one of it ;)

To get a better impression I put some outfit's together. 



To find out where you can get the pieces, risk a look on my POLYVORE!

Which is your favorite?


LOTS OF LOVE
XX

No comments:

Post a Comment